Did I mention how gorgeous Oregon is?
Oh, I did?
Let me show you some more evidence.
HOLY HUGE MOUNTAIN, YA'LL!! (and extremely blurry photo)
That's our first glimpse of Mt. Hood, and this is where I proceed to geek out over a mountain.
I know, you saw the amazing photos of our journey across the many landscapes of America.
I know, we saw bigger mountains than this along the way.
I know.
But, listen. We will see this special mountain on every clear day for the rest of our days. She is 30 miles outside of Portland and completely visible in all her snowy, glorious beauty when the skies are clear. We love this mountain.
And that view? That's from 70 miles away. Amazing.
They don't have mountains in Ohio, that's for sure. Specifically, I grew up in the flattest of flat country. Not even a hill to speak of.
And certainly no river gorges:
Oh yes, so close!
One of many waterfalls:
And finally... after all the scenery, the fun, the thrilling adventure.... We're home.
WOOOHOOOOOOO!
There's our city!
After quickly exploring our new house (AMAZING!) and eating a little snack, we promptly picked up a UHaul in order to meet up with a craigslist seller to get Owen's crib.
Then we headed to Amtrak to get the rest of our belongings. The Amtrak express shipping went just as planned! We were so thankful to have all 41 of our boxes here when we arrived.
Kraig ran around getting a few more furniture items while Owen and I hung out with these beautiful ladies:
Is that not the funniest photo ever? Three kids under 6 = mass chaos! I love it!
Owen loves his new friends, and we love Rae Ann! She was so helpful during the entire moving process, and brought a bag o' goodies for us on Sunday! The girls entertained Owen so we could have some time to get our heads straight. They were such a blessing, and we are so very thankful!
Finally, on Sunday night, we put Owen to bed in his crib and we enjoyed a peaceful Portland night on our front porch, drinking a glass of Veuve before bed. (we have had Veuve Clicquot at each of our special occasions: engagement, wedding, Owen's birth, and now- a toast to our new life and home in Portland!)
Stay tuned for all the stories as we explore and adjust in our new life!

No comments:
Post a Comment